Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Denim Skeleton in My Closet

Confession: I used to think that it was very cool to have the back panel of your jean jackets painted. My conviction was probably influenced by a friend from high school who had the art from U2's War album on the back of their jacket. Nevertheless, I stuck to decorating my jacket with lots of buttons. (It was the 80s. What do you want from me?)

When I was in college, I finally gave into temptation, got some acrylic paints, and started making myself a fashion statement. This was 20 years ago and the jacket is falling apart, but I never did throw it away. So here it is, straight from my closet, the thing that seemed like a really good idea at the time:
































In case you're wondering why I went with Sam instead of one of the more important cast members, he's the easiest one to draw. And, as you can see, I'm not a good artist. Even though I chose him for practical reasons, I like that his supporting player status sent the message that my Muppet appreciation ran deep. Maybe that explains why I already have three other puppet-related posts (herehere, and here) on this blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment