Monday, January 31, 2011

Desk Toys (We'd Like to See)

I'm working on a fun little project that involves action figures, mini figs, and other similar toys. I'm finding lots of unusual stuff (thanks, internet!), but there were some characters that I was disappointed to see aren't available as toys. Here's a few characters and properties that ought to be turned into action figures:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: There were some characters made from the new movie (although, if I'm not mistaken, there was no Trillian.) Nothing against Martin Freeman, but Simon Jones' Arthur Dent was iconic. Ditto on David Dixon's Ford Prefect.

Harriet the Spy: I really enjoyed the book by Louise Fitzhugh when I was a kid. Harriet was a geek and an anti-hero. She'd look good on your desk, but even more importantly, I think she be a good toy for kids. Speaking of kids...


Norville Barnes, Amy Archer, Sidney J. Mussburger, and Waring Hudsucker: You know, for kids.

Zoe Washburne, Kayle Frye, etc...: I found a few maquettes from Firefly, but just for Mal, Jayne, and River. Somebody should put the whole Serenity crew into toy form. Oh, forget that--somebody should have put the whole Serenity crew into a complete season. Or two. Or six.

While we're talking action figures, there was one especially unexpected one I found: Seth Godin. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. I died laughing at The Hudsucker Proxy reference. I'm very, very addicted to that movie at the moment and have absolutely no idea why it wasn't a phenomenal hit at the box office and with the critics. And I'd most certainly buy at LEAST one Hudsucker toy. Whoever you are, I tip every hat I own off to you.

    Sincerely,
    Skye

    ReplyDelete